So 2015 has begun, and a number of questions will have entered people’s minds when the hangover had passed on new years… What will be different this year? What do I want to achieve? How can I be better? I thought about this, and have decided to devise a list of my own plans or even hopes for this year.
1. Pass my driving test – This is quite a big plan, and has been in my mind for a while. But now my test is in sight…I just hope I’ll pass first time.
2. Buy a car – This is really only if number one goes to plan. Can’t say I haven’t already started looking though in excitement though.
3. Travel More – I’ve mentioned this in a few of my other posts saying I want to travel, and explore the world. So this year I’m going to attempt to go somewhere new every month, even if it’s just for a couple of days.
4. Get Fitter – This is probably on a lot of people’s lists every year (mine included) but this year I’m really going to push myself. Running, circuit training, cycling, yoga, anything going really…maybe even a tough mudder.
5.Blog more – Write about anything and everything. Try not to focus only on topics I have a lot to say about, but also just everyday thoughts. So be prepared for some strange posts.
6. Try my hand at short films – I have a few ideas already scribbled down for short films, so this year I will attempt to put these online if possible.
7. Buy a better camera! – I love taking pictures, mainly of landscapes and sunsets as anyone could tell from my Instagram. But this year I’d like to try a professional side of it, and to do that I need a better and more expensive camera. This of course would also be helpful while creating short films, so that’s definitely a must have.
8. Possibly start a business – This may be an aspiration too far, but I guess it will be a trial and error process. I plan to be more creative and because I love quotes so much I thought I’d try combine the two in some way. We will have to see though.
9.Be a better person – Last year I don’t think I personally tried as hard as I could have to be a good person. So this year I plan to try harder to see and speak to people I rarely see, to be kinder if people require help even if they don’t ask, and to just overall be more appreciative of the friends and family I have around me.
10. Find my way – This is the biggest one this year. I really don’t know what I want to do in life career wise. So I’m going to try everything that takes my interest. I won’t be following any specific paths…more taking opportunities that appear. Letting the wind blow me in any direction in other words. And I can honestly say that I’m excited for that. Trying new things, even revisiting past career options. Saying that…I know I may not find it this year, but I’ll try keep up hope.
That’s my main plans anyway, as well as just living life a bit better and more fuller. Maybe I’ll look over this post in a years time and see what I actually accomplished…
If you live long enough, you’ll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you’ll be a better person. It’s how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. – William J. Clinton