- Write more
- Make better drinks at work
- Be more sociable
- Visit more places in Yorkshire
- Take more photos
- Cook more
- Try new recipes
- Pay off a big bill
- Get a new tattoo
- Sell more on Ebay
- Clear out my room
- Watch a new film every week
- Finish Tuesdays with Morrie
- Buy flowers
- Start planning my trip to Europe
- Book my flights for my Third trip to Iceland
- Organise my new Photography Project
- Take a Photography Course
- Be more confident
- Tell more bad jokes
- Meet new people
- Smile more
- Be more positive
- Attempt to cleanse my insides once a week
- Eat more fruit
- Do light exercise
- Block unwanted emails
- Change my blog layout
- Throw out old clothes!
There’s a lot of things I aim to improve on…and I could palm you off on a less personal one like my photography skills but I’m being honest and open this month. One of the things I’m focusing on improving right now is myself. A blog I wrote this month was about three lessons I’d like to teach my children…but for me to teach anything to anyone else, I have to be a better/more together person myself.
The main improvements always seem to lead back to one thing – finding myself. They say you can’t be truly happy until your happy alone. So I’m trying that. I’m alone…but I’m still lost. I think the problem is that I’m too alone. I open myself up to new people in some ways, but I never fully submerge myself. In a way I think that would help me. In a previous blog I’ve also mentioned about how complete strangers can help you find the right path you belong on, after being pushed around by the wind first. I think that’s what I need to try. So this is the first step to submerging myself to change for the better, and making a few personal improvements….so here’s to submerging and hoping to not drown…
Having to write a random letter reminds me of the time I had to write letters to my ‘friends’ on animal crossing…even though I knew they didn’t understand english normally. Being set to write a letter with no topic is pretty hard. I never really know what to say. I could update you on how life is going in Natalie World…but to be honest there’s not a lot going on. I’m still single which isn’t really a bad thing, as right now I’m not sure I’m really capable of giving someone else emotional attention (this leads me into thinking I may be becoming a heartless bitch). I still have a cafe job…which isn’t really where I thought I’d be at twenty-two. It’s comfortable and nice, but it’s not really mind-blowing. I still live at home, which again is nice because I like seeing them everyday but at the same time I miss living alone at times. My money situation sucks, I have things to save for, things to pay off, holidays I want to go on, a new car I’d like but nowhere near enough money for any of them. Trying to find another job sucks! Most places won’t take me due to no experience in the area, and I always feel like any jobs that do actually want me are a step in the wrong direction to where I want to be. And on the social side of things most nights I’d rather be in bed watching tv, than going out and getting drunk with friends…like a lot of people my age. I’m just stuck I guess, and maybe set in my ways a bit in other areas. Not very interesting really…anyway until next time friend?
Now I know this is intended as an insightful and possibly inspiring blog but I was stuck with what to write for this blog, and even which direction to go in. So like I do with everything else…I took to google to get some ideas. I then stumbled across an extremely ‘uplifting’ list of blessings we have in life. On this list was things like wisdom, protection, purpose, and free will…to which on this one I read it as ‘free wiFi‘ so in a freak turn of events I’m going to start off with that twist.
- Free WiFi – I know this is shallow in someway when we look around at the world at what we’ve been given and the life we have, but I am grateful for free WiFi. I mean firstly because I have a blog…I mean I can’t go a day without checking my stats to see what countries have looked at me. Another good reason for free WiFi is, if what I’m planning takes off (going travelling), I need wi-fi to be able to contact my family without spending money.
- Freedom – This ones a bit more profound. I am grateful for freedom. I’m grateful for the freedom to be able to do what I want, wear what I want, and be who I want. There’s so much freedom we have in this life that we don’t realise when compared to others…it’s crazy to think about it.
- Nature – It’s a beautiful world we have, and we waste it by being stuck inside doing pointless daily tasks. Theres so much to experience and learn, and it’s right outside our doors.
- Having a voice – Everyone has their own opinions, and they have a choice to voice it in a number of ways. Whether people listen or not, the chance of one person listening and it influencing them in some way is massive. So be brave, and maybe even take a stand.
- Having support – there’s a lot that happens in life, but even if there’s only one person to offer support it’s normally gratefully accepted. Especially through tough times and even if it’s by doing the smallest act of kindness…it goes a long way…
- Food. I love food, even when I’m down it can make me happy. Especially chocolate cake…with cream…and marshmallows. Yeaahhh.
- Films. I have a huge obsession with films. All variety’s, even the occasional documentaries. I like films with information in too, so I can learn new things as I’m being entertained. So films about the war, or even the stock market interest me.
- Emoji’s. I’m an apple user, and one of the biggest upsides of that is the built-in emojis. I love them! I use them in most messages, to cheer people up or even to be cheered up. My favourite one at the minute has to be the skull 💀. Just because sometimes I have no response, or I like to show that I’m done with the conversation.
- Facetime. Linking to the previous ‘apple praise’, facetime is also a built in app I love. Sometimes just a phone call isn’t enough, and I like the feeling of hanging out with someone without being physically present. Especially when your either ill or just down.
- Coffee. This is a relatively new thing that makes me happy. Because although I’ve worked with coffee since I was 16 I never really drunk it. However recently I’ve been drinking it more, and it gives me a nice boost to start my day.
- Photography. I’ve always liked doing this, but recently I’ve begun to attempt making it more professional, I’m just starting out but for the minute it’s making me happy. So I’ll see where that ends up. Here’s a link to the Facebook page if your interested. www.facebook.com/NJOramPhotography
- Travelling. Although I have plans to travel, right now I’m only talking about Iceland. I’ve been to Iceland twice now and each time I fall in love. The atmosphere, the environment, the people, everything. In the future I genuinely think I’d move there.
- Driving. I know I’ve only been driving for a few months, but if i ever feel like i need to get out…my car is always there. Ready and waiting to take me as far as my petrol tank will allow it. It’s a permanent escape route.
- My guinea pig. I have a few animals in my house, but the one that makes me happy most right now is my guinea pig. I mean I love my cat to pieces but…I doubt he feels the same. But with George I can get him out and all he’ll want to do is cuddle. Which is perfect when you have a anti-social cat…
- Mitch Albom. I know I talk about his work a lot on my blog, and also throw in his quotes but the books he writes are just…brilliant. In a way he clears my mind, and I can’t wait to start the next one. My only question is who do I move onto after I’ve read them all.
I was nominated by the amazing Daniella, from https://makeupyourmindx.wordpress.com. Thank you for the nomination! I’ve been reading blogs about this, but never thought I’d get nominated. You have a great blog, that’s worth everyone checking out! Also I apologise for not using the questions you provided I made a whoopsie and didn’t read past the questions you answered on your blog until after I wrote this (secret facepalm).
So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is basically an award you get nominated for by a fellow blogger, if you have under 200 followers. You then answer 11 questions provided by that blogger, and then nominate 5-11 other bloggers providing them with another 11 questions of your choice. From my understanding the aim is to spread the word about bloggers you follow, and suggest them to other people. Overall creating a type of promotion for a number of bloggers to allow them to get more followers, or to just get their writing noticed more. I personally think this is a great way to build up a community and whoever created it is a genius in the blogosphere.
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging for a number of reasons. Firstly I’ve always liked writing and sharing random thoughts, and through blogging you can also generate good feedback in relation to these thoughts. Secondly I finished University, and through university you do a lot of essays, so once that I finished I had a bit of a gap in my life (plus i think one of the best noises in the world is the sound of a keyboard being used). Finally I have an aspiration to start a YouTube channel and I think in some ways this could be a good platform to launch that a bit.
2. What is your favourite beauty product? My favourite at the moment is the CC Cream by ‘GOSH’ in 02 Ivory, I just think it makes my face feel so soft and look amazing! Especially when my eczema gets bad, it really helps the red patches appear ‘normal’.
3. Do you have any siblings? Yes I have an older sister called Charlotte who is 25, and she is amazing!
4. Most embarrassing moment of your life? I have too many to list, I think overall I am just a very clumsy person and in some ways a bit socially awkward which of course does me no favours.
5. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? Small, observant and polite.
6. Do you have any pets? I personally have a cat, and two gerbils. However the total number of animals at my house including those 3 is 7 (I counted the tropical fish as 1 pet).
7. What is your favorite season and why? Summer. The days seem long. The nights seem long. There’s nicer clothing to be worn. Overall more opportunities for different activities.
8. Favorite article of clothing? I don’t really have a favourite. You can’t go wrong with checked shirt during the day, and a nice chiffon dress at night (if you are going somewhere).
9. What is a hobby of yours? Taking pictures. I wouldn’t class myself as a photographer because I don’t think I’m anywhere near as skilled as I should be, but it is something I really enjoy. Take a look at my Instagram 😉
10. Name one thing you can’t live without? Air? (I know I’m SO funny!)
11. Favorite food? Chicken, pizza, ice cream, corn on the cob, cake, pulled pork, chips, chilli…. My name is Natalie…and I’m a foodaholic
Questions to my nominees:
- Why did you start a blog?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What’s your one main goal in life?
- Do you have any pets?
- What are your hobbies?
- If you could travel anywhere where would it be and why?
- Best beauty product?
- What is your favorite film?
- If you could invite anyone in the world (dead or alive) to dinner who would it be and why?
- What 3 things must you carry in your bag at all times?
- What is your favourite quote?
So 2015 has begun, and a number of questions will have entered people’s minds when the hangover had passed on new years… What will be different this year? What do I want to achieve? How can I be better? I thought about this, and have decided to devise a list of my own plans or even hopes for this year.
1. Pass my driving test – This is quite a big plan, and has been in my mind for a while. But now my test is in sight…I just hope I’ll pass first time.
2. Buy a car – This is really only if number one goes to plan. Can’t say I haven’t already started looking though in excitement though.
3. Travel More – I’ve mentioned this in a few of my other posts saying I want to travel, and explore the world. So this year I’m going to attempt to go somewhere new every month, even if it’s just for a couple of days.
4. Get Fitter – This is probably on a lot of people’s lists every year (mine included) but this year I’m really going to push myself. Running, circuit training, cycling, yoga, anything going really…maybe even a tough mudder.
5.Blog more – Write about anything and everything. Try not to focus only on topics I have a lot to say about, but also just everyday thoughts. So be prepared for some strange posts.
6. Try my hand at short films – I have a few ideas already scribbled down for short films, so this year I will attempt to put these online if possible.
7. Buy a better camera! – I love taking pictures, mainly of landscapes and sunsets as anyone could tell from my Instagram. But this year I’d like to try a professional side of it, and to do that I need a better and more expensive camera. This of course would also be helpful while creating short films, so that’s definitely a must have.
8. Possibly start a business – This may be an aspiration too far, but I guess it will be a trial and error process. I plan to be more creative and because I love quotes so much I thought I’d try combine the two in some way. We will have to see though.
9.Be a better person – Last year I don’t think I personally tried as hard as I could have to be a good person. So this year I plan to try harder to see and speak to people I rarely see, to be kinder if people require help even if they don’t ask, and to just overall be more appreciative of the friends and family I have around me.
10. Find my way – This is the biggest one this year. I really don’t know what I want to do in life career wise. So I’m going to try everything that takes my interest. I won’t be following any specific paths…more taking opportunities that appear. Letting the wind blow me in any direction in other words. And I can honestly say that I’m excited for that. Trying new things, even revisiting past career options. Saying that…I know I may not find it this year, but I’ll try keep up hope.
That’s my main plans anyway, as well as just living life a bit better and more fuller. Maybe I’ll look over this post in a years time and see what I actually accomplished…
If you live long enough, you’ll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you’ll be a better person. It’s how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. – William J. Clinton