- My middle name is Jane.
- I’m 22.
- I have 4 pets; one cat, one guinea pig, and two gerbils.
- I studied Performance for Stage and Screen at University.
- I’ve worked in cafe’s since I was 16…Starbucks was one of them.
- I drive a Vauxhall Corsa.
- I lived in Sheffield for 2 years.
- I’m an attempting photographer.
- I’d like to move to Iceland when I’m older.
- I’d like to travel around America one day.
- I’d love to have a monkey as a pet.
- I’ve read into dream meanings before.
- If I went back to university, I’d either study Psychology or English Literature.
- Leonardo DiCaprio was and still is my dream guy.
- My alcoholic beverage of choice is tequila and orange juice.
- I can eat a whole tub of Ice cream in one sitting.
- My favourite fashion item at the minute is my new Brogues.
- I hate shopping for boots…only because I can never find one’s I really love.
- I only tried watermelon a couple of months ago, and I LOVE it.
- The whole ghosts/demons thing interests me, however I do think it can be dangerous to get involved.
- I struggle with Eczema, and used to struggle with the spelling of Eczema.
- I’m easily distracted, especially at work.
- My favourite author is Mitch Albom, although I am warming to John Green.
- My favourite Youtuber is Gabriella Lindley aka VelvetGhost.
- I’d like to learn more about graphic design.
- I’ve never lived without an animal in my family home.
- I believe I have what people call a ‘resting bitch face’.
- I don’t understand people’s disgust with the word…mind my language… ‘cunt’. To me it’s a word.
- I still listen to Busted…
- One of my favourite past times is waiting for everyone to leave my house, putting on my iPod and singing at the top of my voice.
One thing that becomes more and more clearer over the many years of watching films, is that films can unmask you. I’m not talking about the world knowing the truth about my life as batman… I’m talking more about emotions.
In my life so far I’d like to think I’ve covered majority, if not all of the girly RomComs out there. And let’s face it a RomCom doesn’t seem complete with a tear jerking moment in it, that reduces you to a blubbering mess in a matter of seconds. And that’s exactly the moment I’m talking about.
In a way because I love films so much I’d like to think there’s a lot of psychology behind the whole process, from the film you choose, to the ‘moment of impact’. Your emotions can make you do things subconsciously before you even realise what’s happening. So normally if i choose a lovey dovey film it’s either because I want to have the faith ‘the one’ is out there and is coming for me…or it’s because I’m having mental problems with people in my life…and by mental problems I normally mean me overthinking all of the wrong things.
But in a way that’s the beauty of these films. It can take your mind off the rest of the world, but at the same time also make you realise one of two things…either your a complete mess right now and you need to get your shit together. Or it can make everything seem so much clearer. Like you’ve just run into a brick wall with all the answers on.
Either way I have to admit I do enjoy both sides of it, sometimes everyone needs a little four hour cry to wake themselves up to push in the right direction…don’t they?