Ok so I’m not always up to date with the charts, which leaves me behind on knowing which artists/songs are ‘cool’ but here’s a list of 10 songs which I like to jam out to if I’m alone in the house or driving around in my car…
- Shut up and Dance – Walk the moon. I have no idea how I’ve only recently discovered walk the moon. They are amazing! I must play this song at least ten times a day.
- Heal – Tom Odell. I’ve had Tom Odell’s album downloaded for a while but it’s only since I watched the film ‘If I stay’ that I rediscovered it and fell completely in love with it.
- King – Years and Years. Ugh I don’t even know where to begin with this, I just love it! Maybe because I feel I can relate to being tied down when you just want to run free haha.
- Where are you now – Justin Bieber ft. Skrillex. This is just such a catchy song, in a kind of annoying way…but it helps if you have a secret temporary crush on Justin Bieber.
- Trouble – Iggy Azalea ft. Jennifer Hudson. I just love the sass that the song has…and the rapping haha. Can’t say I don’t attempt to join in.
- Sugar – Maroon 5. Do I need more of a reason to like this song other than Adam Levine?
- The Nights – Avicii. Avicii is just an amazing artist, but this song has so much meaning behind it. Live a life you will remember.
- Gives you Hell – All American Rejects. An oldie but a goody. I always find myself going back for more.
- Now I’m on the outside – Ellie Golding. Again this song is relatable, but Ellie Golding is such a remarkable and powerful woman. Good meaning.
- Break Free – Ariana Grande. I think a lot of my song choices are pro women right now…maybe even feminist. Right now I want to focus on myself and this song sums it up really.
So that’s my top 10. I think summer is just a good time for good songs, but these will be in my playlist for a few more months…probably until I get sick of them.